Monday 13 September 2010

Games and the integration of life

It IS possible to be addicted to games!!!

I'm not saying that I am addicted, but I am starting to see how easy it is to become addicted and the effects it can have. Put simply...

a) It is a sense of gaining status and achievement that drives gamers, much like gamblers.
b) It can easily swallow up sums of money, which YOU feel are justified.
c) It can ruin relationships if you try to sink too much time/ effort/ money into it.

I will probably always have a games deficit (more games to play than time to play them in), but I owe that to knowing that the disc-world will always be accessible and repeatable... life isn't, and you only get one life with no checkpoints to retry from (kind of like Demon's Souls.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Playstation 3 Trophies