Thursday 23 September 2010

New games at low prices... what is "the deal" for Dev's?

I like to buy things at the best value possible... cheaper is one way to phrase it.

The same goes for games - if i can get it cheaper, I will. However I am keen to see developers get the money they deserve... hence, I will only buy a used game if I cannot get it brand new anywhere at a sensible price. However, a lot of my games have been acquired through being quick to get a game on sale from retailers (Uncharted 1 & 2, God of War 3, Bioshock 1& 2 - each under £20 brand new and sealed).

I have a dilemma that floats around my brain however - what effect does this lowered price have on developers? Unlike used games, which give 100% of their profit to the seller (eBay user, GAME, Gamestation, HMV), I would assume that the company selling this game at reduced price is sucking up any "loss" between unit price and consumer price.

I want to fund development by purchasing new games... I just want to do it cheaply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...

Playstation 3 Trophies